T & C's
Thank you for visiting the website of Awl by Hand by
continuing to browse and use this site you are agreeing to be bound by the
following terms and conditions.
- Agreement means these terms and Conditions and
any other Terms of specifications applicable.
- The Consumer or ‘you’ refers to viewer or user
of this website or purchaser of goods through this website.
- The supplier, ’us’ or ‘we’ refers to Awl by Hand owned by
Lyndsay Stanton trading from Studio 2, Gallery 45, Felton, Northumberland, NE65
Terms and Conditions of Using this Website
This website is for the purpose of general information regarding the items for sale by us and is subject to change without any given notice.
1) The information and material supplied within this website is a truthful and honest guide to the goods we produce. It is the responsibility of the consumer to ensure that the services and goods supplied/described within this website meet their requirements. We hold no liability for the use of information within this website and the consumer uses any information and materials supplied entirely at their own risk.
2) The consumer has the right to use the information, pictures and material for the sole purpose of assisting their choice in the procurement of goods but no permission is given for reproducing or copying any material for any other purpose.
3) The website is owned by Awl by Hand and it is a criminal offence to reproduce any material supplied in this website all photographs and graphics are not to be copied unless specific consent has been given. Any unauthorised use of the website may lead the criminal charges being made.
4) Our items are produced from natural leather which may contain natural variations in texture or colour, to avoid doubt such variations shall not be considered as faulty. The leather comes from a roaming animal and therefore some marks and creases which the cow has gained over its lifetime may be visible
5) Colours of products may differ from the images on screen due to camera or computer screen settings.
Privacy and Cookies
6) We do not loan, sell or share any personal information with any third parties.
7) This website sets performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
8) This website sets functionality cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
9) This website sets strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
10) This website sets targeting cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
General Terms and Conditions
Post, Packing and Delivery
11) The date and time scale of delivery is an estimate, while we aim to deliver most items within the time scale specified in the product description there may be occasion where this time scale is not possible, due to busy periods. In this event the consumer shall be notified in writing and have the opportunity to cancel their order.
12) We cannot guarantee delivery dates once products have been dispatched as this is now out of our control.
UK Postage and Delivery
13) Orders up to the value of £79.99 shall be posted via Royal Mail 1st or 2nd Class and costing £4.50 or £4.00 respectively.
14) Orders totalling the value of £80 - £149.99 shall be posted via Royal Mail Signed 1st or 2nd Class and costing £6.50 or £5.50 respectively.
15) Orders of £150.00 and over in value shall be posted via Royal Mail Signed £8.00.
EU (inc. Russia) Postage and Delivery (3-5 working days after dispatch)
16) Orders up to the Value of £79.99 shall be posted via Royal Mail International Standard costing £8.65
17) Orders valued between £80.00 and £149.99 shall be posted via Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed costing £12.55
18) Orders of £150.00 and over shall be posted via Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed costing £15.05
Worldwide Postage and Delivery* (5-7 working days after dispatch)
19) Orders up to the value of £79.99 shall be posted via Royal Mail International Standard costing £13.35
20) Orders valued between £80.00 and £149.99 shall be posted via Royal Mail International Signed costing £17.35
21) Orders of £150.00 and over shall be posted via Royal Mail International Signed costing £19.85
*Unfortunately due to insurance limitations we are unable to post bridlework to the USA or Canada.
The above prices cover the cost of postage, packaging and any insurance required to cover loss and damage to the products during delivery.
23) The consumer has the right to cancel their order within 14 days of receiving their product or within 14 days of commencement of manufacture of unusual sized goods such as an extra large or small dog collar).
24) The consumer must inform us that they wish to exercise their right to cancel within 14 days as set out above in writing (either a letter sent by post or an email).
25) The goods must be returned to us within 14 days of exercising their right to cancel the order. This will be from either the date of the consumer posting a letter or the date we receive notice via email.
Returns and Refunds*
26) If the consumer wishes to cancel their order as set out in the above cancellations Terms items must be returned to us in accordance to the above terms.
27) The consumer must return items in their original condition, unused and in any original packaging (unless deemed faulty) and acquire proof of posting or post via recorded delivery.
28) Following the receipt of the returned items we will refund all monies paid by the consumer. Return postage will be refunded only in the instance of faulty goods.
29) We aim to make any refunds no later than 5 working days after receipt of the returned item and in any event no longer than 30 days after receipt of the item.
30) In the instance that the consumer requires a replacement item we will inform the consumer of the expected delivery date of the replacement item.
31) We unfortunately are unable to refund or replace items which have been custom made unless deemed faulty, this is in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations.
*International customers please contact us to arrange returns.
32) We warrant that from the date of delivery up to a period of 6 months that the goods and all their component parts are free from ant defects in design, poor workmanship or poor construction.
Limitation of Liability
33) We accept no liability for injury, damages or loss of earnings caused due to the misuse or care of any goods we have supplied.
34) Nothing in these terms and conditions shall negate our liability for personal injury as a result of our negligence.
35) We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to complete our obligations due to forces which are out of our control. This includes but not limited to acts of God, war, fire, accidents, adverse weather or the delay of third party supplies of equipment and materials. We shall notify the consumer if any adverse conditions will affect the delivery of their order.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
36) The use of this website by the consumer and any disputes that arise are subject to the laws of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.